Toggle Contrast
Leave This Site

Housing Advice

Housing advice for victims of domestic abuse 

Victims of domestic abuse are encouraged to contact any local authority to make a homeless application. This is particularly important if they are not safe in their current accommodation. 

If the victim is a tenant of a housing association, they should also speak with them. The housing association may have homes in other areas and be able to assist them to move and avoid the need for them to move into temporary accommodation. 

For further information you can also contact Shelter  who provide free advice

Women’s Refuges 

Women’s refuges offer accommodation for women and their children who are suffering from domestic abuse, this could be emotional or physical abuse from a partner or member of their family. 

They are ordinary houses, shared by other women and their children. Women do not have to go to a refuge in their own area, and the address is kept secret to protect women from those they have fled. 

Travel to Refuge

These organisations can help: 

Aylesbury Women’s Aid 

01296 436827 

visit: Aylesbury Women’s Aid 

Wycombe Women’s Aid 

01494 461367 

visit: Wycombe Women’s Aid 

Housing advice for professionals

NHAS (National Homelessness Advice Service)

NHAS is delivered by Shelter and provides FREE expert advice, training and support to professionals working in local authorities, voluntary advice agencies and public authorities in England.